Engineer Imad Muhammad Abdullah: Work is continuing on the Al-Khalis residential complex project, and the company is determined to support and activate service projects, especially water and housing projects
Mr. Imad Muhammad Abdullah, General Manager of Al-Fao General Engineering Company, one of the formations of the Ministry of Construction, Housing, Municipalities and Public Works, and Eng. Salem Abbas Ali, Assistant General Manager, visited on Saturday 18 / 3 / 2023, the Al-Khalis Residential Complex project in Diyala Governorate, which is being implemented by the company for the Ministry’s Housing Department. His Excellency was briefed on the field on the reality of the ongoing works in it, and in detail on the work, items (implemented and not implemented), and he expressed some directives, including:
1) The need to equip the complex with the products of the company's technical workshops (iron and wooden doors and battalions) for the purpose of activating the role of these workshops and employing their employees.
2) He stressed the need to redouble efforts and intensify the volume of work within the work site to include all paragraphs of the project.
3) Opening all roads leading to the project in order to facilitate the process of free movement of workers and machinery.
The Director General listened to some of the obstacles facing the progress of work, including financial matters, and promised to overcome them. He stated that this project consists of (30) residential buildings with three floors for each building, each of which includes (12) apartments, i.e. (360) housing units. The complex includes the following:
1) Two schools (elementary and intermediate schools)
2) A health center
5) Various service architectures
6) Water pumping station
7) A treatment station with all service networks 8) External site works (streets, sidewalks, parking lots and gardens)
The Director General explained that the current completion rate of the project is about (65%) and at a cost of (53) billion dinars. At the end of the visit, the Director General thanked all the workers in this project.